Sunday, September 9, 2012

Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole

I first saw this recipe on "Food Wishes." I made it and it was really simple and tasted good. This time when I made it I added some more spices and put a little bit more effort into it. This is what I did:



Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole

1 lb chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp crushed red pepper
2 cups spaghetti sauce
8 oz mozzarella
4 oz parmesan
1 bag crouton, 5 oz
spices, to your liking

•Preheat oven to 35o degrees.
•Spread olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
•Season cut up chicken breasts with spices that you like. I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and italian seasoning. Brown pieces in hot skillet.
•Add chicken to bottom of glass baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken. Add half of the cheese over the sauce. Add the croutons evenly over the cheese and sauce. Top with remaining cheese.
•Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes, or as long as you can wait.

You can enjoy this just as it is. I served mine with some thin spaghetti noodles tossed with a little bit of sauce. I also made some garlic bread. This is a pretty simple dish that is very flavorful as well. It is a nice spin on the classic Chicken Parmesan and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment