These make a great snack. They provide great taste as well a several vitamins.
Finger-licking Chicken & Potato Balls
3/4 cup potatoes, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup parsnips, peeled and chopped
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
large pat of butter
flour for coating
- Put the potatoes and parsnips in a pan, cover with water, bring to a boil, and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add the onion and carrot, and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the chicken and continue to saute for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain the potatoes and parsnips and mash with half the butter until smooth. Finely chop the chicken, onion, and carrot in a food processor and mix with the mashed vegetables.
- Form the mixture into 24 walnut sized balls. Spread the flour on a plate and use it to coat them. Heat the remaining oil and butter in a frying pan, add the meatballs, and saute until golden.
- My baby approves! She likes them and can't seem to get enough. Tomorrow she will have some reheated as well. These will make a great dish for grown ups as well with just a little salt and maybe some garlic powder added as well. I will add cayenne pepper next time to the second batch that I fry up. These made a good and healthy dish that both you and your child can enjoy.