Sunday, July 17, 2011

Barbecue Rub Recipe

Unfortunately I didn't get to cook anything tonight as I am back in my old apartment doing some cleaning. I will, however, leave you with my recipe for my Barbecue Rub that I make/use. I find that it goes well with anything that is supposed to have a barbecue flavor to it. I guess if it didn't I would have to call it something else. As you may know, I do like things spicy so this does contain a bit of cayenne powder. If you don't like the heat then cut back or omit this spice. This recipe yields about one cup so adjust as necessary.



Barbecue Rub





1/4 cup brown sugar


1/4 cup paprika


3 tbls black pepper


4 tbls coarse salt


2 tsp garlic powder


2 tsp onion powder


2 tsp celery powder


2 tsp cayenne powder






It's that simple. Apply a generous amount to meat and grill or ovenize it. I may have made up a term just now. It means cook it in the oven. I recommend rubbing the meat and letting it sit in the refrigerator for several hours before cooking.


Tomorrow I may not be cooking anything either so I will post my Barbecue Sauce recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment